Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An Anonymous Response

I'm always over joyed when someone reads and comments on my thoughts. But being the madman that I am I have to respond, especially when I don't think my point came across the first time (based on the comment under greedism which I'll the reader peruse at their pleasure).

Here is my response to my reader:

Dear Anonymous...

The point behind the title of the post (Greedism) is that buzzwords don't describe what's going on.

Capitalism is a useful technique, if used morally, to nurture and develop a technically advanced economy.

Capitolism (ed. note spelling from comment), which could be defined as a mindless allegiance to dogma spouted by neo_fascists has used to justify laws violating the constitution, and the very nature of our freedoms. Need to be careful there.

What we need isn't more laws, but more morality. BP acted immorally endangering their employees as well as the ecosystem of the Gulf despite direct and correct advisement by technical experts. Their management should be put on a Texas chain gang and left to clean up the coast by hand, the assets of the company sold off to offset the costs of closing the well and the whole business of risky oil wells considered too dangerous to pursue.

We'd get as far with Wave generators and hydrogen manufacturing plants. But that's the subject of another rant.

The purpose of this rebuttal is to question the gut reaction (make laws) and suggest alternative actions (dismantle the company and punish the guilty).

Just some thoughts.

No comments: